Information for non-EU citizens
Please read the following information very carefully:
1. Course selection – due to the procedures related to obtaining a visa, the decision to choose a course should be made a minimum of 3 months prior to the date of beginning of the selected course type.
2. Course duration and the number of hours – please always pay attention to the duration of the course and the number of hours of classes within a given course.
3. Application form – if you select the course type, please send online a carefully completed application form, required documents and a copy of the bank transfer of the course fee.
4. Certificate/confirmation of enrollment in the course – is issued only after receipt of all documents and the proof of payment for the course.
5. Semester courses and intensive summer courses – participation in these courses does not give the status of a student of the University of Wroclaw.
a) Private participants of semester courses do not receive a student ID and do not have the right to accommodation in the dormitories of the University of Wroclaw.
b) Private participants of summer courses as part of the fee are guaranteed accommodation in dormitories for the duration of the course, but do not receive a student ID.
6. Student status – only students of the One Year Preparatory Course for candidates for studies in Polish have the status of a student of the University of Wroclaw, receive a student ID and are guaranteed the right to accommodation in a dormitory (for a fee).
7. Payment refund
a) Please read the terms and conditions of reimbursement of the paid fees before you decide to apply for a given course type.
b) The School of Polish Language and Culture for Foreigners must be notified of the inability of the participant to learn Polish language within a given course at the latest by the start of the course.
c) The reasons for resignation should be explained and the document from a Polish consular post confirming the refusal to issue a visa should be sent.
d) Formalities related to the return of the course fee may take from 3 to 6 weeks from the date of receipt of a correctly completed refund form.
Other important information:
1. Participants should apply for a visa immediately after receipt of the certificate of admission to the given course type sent by the School.
2. The School of Polish Language and Culture for Foreigners does not send invitations to any type of course, nor does it mediate in obtaining a visa. Anyone interested can apply for a visa on the basis of the confirmation of enrollment in the list of participants of a given course received from the School.
3. Application forms sent 4 weeks before the start of a given course and later will not be considered.
4. Age of course participants – all types of courses offered by the School of Polish Language and Culture for Foreigners of the University of Wroclaw are addressed to adults (a minimum age of 18 years).
5. In exceptional cases, minors who have already obtained a secondary-school graduation certificate or are in the last grade of secondary school are admitted to summer courses. In such cases, the completion of a special statement of parents or legal guardians is required. The School of Polish Language and Culture for Foreigners of the University of Wroclaw reserves the right to individually consider each case related to the participation of a minor.